How to reinstall grub on ubuntu 10.10

I have been long not posting, This time I will discuss about how to reinstall grub on ubuntu 10:10 Maverick. The case that happened to me is because my windows error and because the purposes of the final project so I have to reinstall my OS,after installing windows how shocked I found my ubuntu does not exist. So armed with the lessons when I go back to college my memory about how to install grub on ubuntu. hehe ..

Immediately, a necessary first step you do is reboot your ubuntu using live cd or live usb if you have made a previous start-up disk. create start up disk because for emergency purposes that is definitely useful.

Noteworthy also is ubuntu used must be one version with ubuntu which we had previously installed.

After you boot, open gpartied
System> Administration> Gpartied to see the drive is located on sda you how many, or how easy it is to
Open a terminal>> type fdisk (space)-l (enter)

after you are sure your drive is located in which location,
Go to root by typing the command in a terminal:
>> sudo (space) su (enter)

after that is still in the terminal, type:
>> mkdir (space) root (enter)
>> mount (space) / dev/sda1 (space) / media / root (enter)
Above shows the location of the drive sda1 ubuntu installation on my laptop, thiscan be adjusted to see the location of your drive.



The next step is to install the grub by typing commands on the terminal (terminalshould never be close from start to finish):
>> grub-install (space) - root-directory = / media / root (space) / dev / sda (enter)
wait until the process is complete and no error report. then restart your computer by typing:
>> reboot (enter)

If you still do not visible windows, reopen the terminal after the restart and then type:
>> update-grub (enter)


Hopefully this article can help you all, greetings ubuntu lovers.
SHARE

Alit Satya N.

Hi. I’m Video Editor. I'm StartUp Enthusiast, I'm Diecast Enthusiast, Blog Writer and Videographer/Photographer sometimes. Inspired to make my life looks better.

  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 komentar:

Post a Comment